Friday, February 22, 2013

Friend Friday

I feel so lucky to have many friends whose friendship goes back years. Eons! Brenda Guiberson is one of those special friends. I was an admirer of her wonderful work -- Cactus Hotel! -- long before I even knew her. And, when I got to know her, Brenda gave me the best advice I've ever gotten (though I wish I would follow it better than I do): she said the only thing we can control, as writers, is our work. So that's where we need to focus our energies.

She is a living example of focusing her energy on her work. And it is not only stunning work, it is work that has the power to change the world.

Her newest book, just out, is Frog Song. This ode to the small things in nature, is lushly illustrated by the amazing Gennady Spirin. 



You must add it to your collection. And, if you are feeling generous, consider adding it to the collection of your neighborhood school library or donate a copy to Page Ahead. You'll feel oh-so-good when you do!

1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful. I really don't know a person who doesn't like those darling frogs. My kids have always been shocked at a teeny tiny one that has enough poison to kill a lot of people. Thanks for the rec!

    Kimberley
    First in Maine

    ReplyDelete