Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Where I'll Be

Hattie and I are just back from our whirlwind San Francisco tour. Thank you to The Storyteller, Towne Center Books, Books Inc., Book Passage and Rakestraw Books for arranging terrific school visits and in-store events. A HUGE thank you to librarian extraordinaire, Mary Ann Scheuer, who hosted me at the most amazing book lovers' event at her home. Mmwah, Mary Ann!

Here's what's up locally:

Friday night, February 22, 6:30 pm, I'll be at 3rd Place Books in Lake Forest Park, Washington for cookies and conversation, with prizes for the best chapeaux! (I'll be in vintage dress, sewn with care by the amazing Carla Keats.)

Tuesday, February 26, 7:00 pm, I'll be at Village Books, in Bellingham, Washington, for more conversation (and possibly cookies!) and, again, prizes for the best chapeaux.

Friday, March 1, 7:00 pm, I'll be at Secret Garden Books, in Seattle, Washington for. . .well, you know the drill.

Don't live in the Puget Sound area? I'll be speaking with good buddy, Mary Nethery, at the Missouri Association of School Librarians, April 14 and 15, before jetting to San Antonio to present at the International Reading Association Conference.

I'll also be at Book Expo America -- not sure the exact dates, but that's late May.

If you can't make any events, don't fret. Email me and I'll tell you how you can get your very own Hattie Inez Brooks' Press Pass, produced on a vintage hand letterpress machine!

Enjoy these photos of the Hattie Ever After book events in San Francisco:
Can you see me in the back? 




Thank you, Carla Keats, for sewing my vintage dress!





Me and Hattie -- what a team!




3 comments:

  1. I am so happy I got to meet you while you were in SF! I am enjoying Hattie Ever After! And my kids love sit, stay, dig!
    Have a great night!
    Jennifer Kloczko
    California

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a whirlwind! And we need a better photo of you in the dress!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted to let you know that I have several students fighting over my two Kindles with Hattie Ever After on it. Two of them are ninth grade girls. They read Hattie Big Sky as a choice novel that was a coming of age story. They aren't girls who like sequels. "Like I want to read about different people, not the same ol person over and over again." So I casually mentioned that Hattie Ever After was on the classroom Kindle if they were interested. They sat together and read it on the same Kindle -- so cute.

    I asked them about the sequel thing... well, we just wanted to know more about her story, they tell me. She's interesting. It's more about her story as a character than the action. Most sequels are about the action and the next crisis.

    Pretty insightful for those readers! Thanks for writing it. You've made several students and a teacher very happy!

    ReplyDelete