Friday, March 8, 2013

Friend Friday

I first met Barb Kerley when we were both participating at the Humboldt County Author Festival, many eons ago. She is a whiz with nonfiction biographies (one of my favorites of hers is What To Do About Alice?: How Alice Roosevelt Broke the Rules, Charmed the World, and Drove Her Father Teddy Crazy!, charmingly illustrated by Seattle artist, Edwin Fotheringham).

Her latest book has rightfully earned a star from Kirkus: "A stirring invitation to leap, dive, soar, plunge and thrill to the natural world’s wonders and glories."

 Gorgeous photographs accompany Barb's meditations on how something as simple as splashing in a puddle can plant a seed for a child's career/lifelong passion.

I personally can't wait to read  this to my little granddaughter! It will be released on March 12, so ask for it at your local indie bookstore!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo! Just the title gives me shivers. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete