Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Teacher Tuesday

What a delight to welcome Michigan teacher and fellow fudge-lover Heather Jensen to my blog. Heather has a passion for literacy and life and if you ever have to give a speech, she's the person you want in the front row. Her warm smile will tame any butterflies you might have!


Heather, please fill in the blank: 

You should never read and blank at the same time. 

Tube down a river. Turns out books get a bit thicker and wrinkly once the pages get wet.

If you were invited to be on Oprah, what book would you bring for her to read?

I would have to share Wonder by RJ Palacio with Oprah! I feel like everyone needs to read Wonder and learn from Auggie!

What is the funniest book you’ve read?

Funniest book I've read is Knucklehead: Tall Tales and Almost True Stories of Growing Up Scieszka by Jon Sciezska. 

What is the saddest?

The saddest book I've read is Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. Something about a dog, gets me everytime. (Once a parent was observing my classroom to see which of her triplets should be in my room and I was reading this aloud, oh my I cried and my kids cried. No shame, still recommended me for her son)

Favorite reading snack/beverage?

My favorite snack while reading is anything salty: chips, popcorn and a Faygo Red Pop!

For those of us who don't know what Faygo Red Pop looks like!


What’s next on your TBR list?


My TBR list is always long and filled with great titles: The Unwanteds: Island of Silence by Lisa McMann is at the top. Then Paperboy by Vince Vawter. Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. The pile keeps growing longer and longer :)

Teachers, librarians, reading coaches, principals, custodians, lunch ladies, anyone with school connections: Please play along! Email me here and I'll get you the questions so you, too, can be featured on Teacher Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment