Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Teacher Tuesday

The latest good sport to play along on Teacher Tuesday is Michelle Haseltine, a sixth grade teacher in northern Virginia. 

Michelle, please fill in the blank:

You should never read and (blank) at the same time.

Paint, I've tried it. It's not pretty. 

If you were invited to be on Oprah, what book would you bring for her to read?

Only one? I guess I'd bring Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery. 

What is the funniest book you’ve read?

Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos This was hard for me, I tend to lean towards the sad books. 

What is the saddest?

There are so many, it's hard to decide. I'll pick: Last Night I Sang to the Monster by Benjamin Alire Saenz I had to put the book down, I was crying so hard. It was a tough book to read, definitely for adults, but I loved the flawed characters and their yearning to become better. 

Favorite reading snack/beverage?

Healthy: apple slices and water
Not so healthy: swedish fish and diet coke

What’s next on your TBR list? 

The Junction of Sunshine & Lucky by Holly Schindler.

Teachers, librarians, reading coaches, principals, custodians, lunch ladies, anyone with school connections: Please play along! Email me here and I'll get you the questions so you, too, can be featured on Teacher Tuesday. 

2 comments:

  1. I love Michelle! My fellow Slice of Life supporter and sixth grade teacher friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, more books for my staggering TBR list, but who can resist after Michelle's descriptions. The Junction of Sunshine & Lucky is already on my list as well. Thanks for sharing, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete